Monday, April 27, 2009

Help a girl out...

So our couch is looking quite sad these days. Although I love that it is neutral, it is very blah and not so clean either so I was thinking it needed a little refresher. I was in Pottery Barn the other day and spotted all of these yummy spring green pillows and had an idea that I need help with. What do you think about replacing the three pillows on the right with 3 of the biggest top green pillows? and then I would get a few other coordinating pillows to put on the left side of the couch as well as with the 3 to the right. How are you feeling about this? Would it look silly? Also I was wondering if any of you have had experience with cleaning your couch...have you put your cushion covers in the washing machine, had a service come clean it, had any luck with a really great carpet cleaning machine? I need input here folks; please comment, I severely lack any decorating skills as is evident with my beige couch and white walls :) please excuse the boring-ness that is my apartment!




6 comments:

Leanne said...

Am I retarded for commenting right after you posted this? Oh well, that is the beauty of google reader :) I love the idea of adding a pop of color with bright new pillows. Those green top ones are beautiful, and I am always a sucker for green. I love the yellow one with the seashell button too. I think the color would attract the eye and break up the neutral colors. And its a cheap way to "redecorate" without painting or buying new furniture. Any try steam cleaning the couch maybe. I know many carpet steamers have attachments that can be used on furniture and drapes. Be sure to post an "after" picture!

The*Evans*Family said...

We have friends with a similar couch. They have had people clean it when they come clean the carpets. We have washed our covers over the years and they look pretty trashed now.

Pillows...the rule of odds is always good. For some reason it is more pleasing to the eye. You also might consider doing one of those pillows with a fun pattern and buy similar colored pillows with less pattern or slightly different texture. I read on a decorating tips blog that you should let one pillow be the "star" and stand out.

Let me know how it goes! I'm feeling the need to spruce some things up too!

Kate and Chad said...

Green is one of my favs and perfect for spring and summer. I absoutley love what you've picked out, so you can't say you don't have an eye for decorating.

Saragers said...

of course, green is the best color on the planet. i love the pillows, but what about making your own pillows? it's super easy and there are a million and one fabrics out there to choose from! it's fun and a good craft to do while the babe's asleep!! (i just recovered our old pillows that were ugly and some i got from a yard sale)

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

DO NOT WASH YOUR CUSHION COVERS! Whatever you do. My sister did that and they shrunk. She was able to get them back on the cushion but then her girls jumped on them a couple times and one ripped huge. I recommend using a professional steam cleaner. I'm thinking of just buying one. My parents got one for a couple hundred dollars and they use it on EVERYTHING. It's a good investment I think. Oh and I like your idea with the green pillows. Just go with it.

Livin' Wright said...

Usually any carpet cleaning company will clean your Couch.Love the Green Pillows...If you saw my house you wouldn't want me to give you advice, so I wont :)