Monday, January 19, 2009

Palms to Pines and Cafe Aroma

Paul and I figured that this would be our last weekend alone before our lives change FOREVER and we welcome Cohen into our family, so we drove up to Idyllwild; a quaint little mountain town above Palm Desert. These are some of the pics we took on the drive. It only took 30 minutes and we had gone from the total desert to heavily wooded pine mountains. It was really pretty. It sort of made me miss the mountains and beautiful drives we used to take in Utah. Not enough to EVER move back there mind you, but nice to know we can get the same effect here in Cali-for-ni-ay. 

Aren't we cute?!

We had a really romantic 4 course meal at a little Italian restaurant called Cafe Aroma. Paul and I actually sat for over an hour and just enjoyed dinner and each others company. It was wonderful to get to spend quality time with my best friend! I can't wait to see Paul become a dad and watch him with our tiny son. He is such a wonderful husband and man and I know he'll be nothing short of amazing when it comes to fatherhood.


7 comments:

Leanne said...

Wow. Last weekend without kids. VERY exciting!!

Saragers said...

that place looks relaxing, i'm jealous!! i can't wait to see your little baby!! he will be so handsome!! oh, we have the same bloggy background!! we must be friends!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Anne!! It's Lara, Jon Stowell's wife (Paul's cousin). Sorry if that was confusing. Anyways, I found your blog from Ben and Briana's. I can't believe your baby is almost here! I remember you announcing at the family reunion and it seems like such a short time ago! Can't wait to see pictures of baby Cohen. Well the only advice that I think is super important to give is to buy these things called "pee pee tepees" I never got them because by the time I heard about them it was too late. They go on the baby's peep when you are changing his diaper. I can't even tell you how many times Ryder peed EVERYWHERE during diaper changes and especially at Dr. appointments. It was ridiculous. I wish I'd had those. So we have a blog too. If you wanna look at it I have to invite you because it's private. You can send me your e-mail at larkie@gmail.com. Talk to ya later!

Natalie said...

Looks like you guys had a way fun trip! I'm excited for you guys and can't wait to see pictures! :)

OurHappyFamily said...

You guys are too cute! Looks like you guys had a fabulous weekend... nothin better than quality time with your hubby! Can't wait for this baby!!!

Good luck!

Emily Malinka said...

okay, whoa you really are one of those girls that just has a basketball under their shirt! Good luck!

Randee Mecham said...

Good call getting in a trip before the little guy comes!