17 days and counting until I go in to be induced! Since my doctor is in Encinitas and we live 2 hours away in Palm Springs, I'm being induced a week early so Paul doesn't have to drive a screaming woman in labor 2 hours to the hospital :) I'm a little nervous about it because I know being induced means I will be in labor a little bit longer but at this point having him a week early sounds good to me. We'll have him on a Wednesday, get a few days to ourselves as a new little family and then my mom is going to come out because I'm sure I'll be feeling sufficiently inadequate and will need some support at that point! We are so excited and nervous for all of this to happen. I'm so curious what he's going to look like. I have my last doctors appointment on Monday and I'll get to have another ultrasound so I'll post those pics next week. If anyone wants to play "what I wish I'd known/done when I had my first baby" I would more than welcome the advice. Since I'm the 'baby' in my family and Paul is 3rd of 8 in his, he's the more experienced of the two of us...
36 weeks. You'll have to excuse my belly sticking out of the bottom. I feel like a fat beer belly man these days because almost all of my shirts seem to be creeping up on me. Not so cute to have your belly hanging out of your shirt, even if it is due to a baby and not beer :)
Car seat, stroller and bouncy seat thing (I obviously am not experienced b/c I don't know what this is called :) ) Since taking this picture, our bedding finally came in the mail and I've gotten that all washed and put together too. We decided to go with a chocolate brown and mint green set so we could use it for a girl in the future too. It has houndstooth patterned sheets which I love.
This is an amazing blanket that my sister-in law Melissa hand-made for my shower gift. All of my other sisters have been given one so I was stoked to get mine. So adorable!
Lots and lots of onesies and teeny tiny socks
Cohen already has his own shoe collection: Pumas, Nikes, Adidas, DVS...can you say spoiled?
We survived our first real earthquake! It wasn't really that big, just a 4.5 but it was a little weird to have your house start shaking out of no where




8 comments:
We are so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see pics of you and your little one!
You look great, and I can't believe how close you are!!! Crazy! My only word of advice: even though you're extremely uncomfortable and feel like it's impossible to get a good night's sleep (not to mention all the times you're getting up to use the restroom), it's still more sleep than you'll get with a baby, so enjoy it while you can!!! We're so excited for you guys and can't wait to see pictures of the little guy! Good luck, and enjoy the last few days as a twosome! (Go out to eat or something...because that's hard to do with a baby too!!!)
Annie,
you look so good! The best advice that I can give you is that although it is fun to buy and get all of those expensive little outfits, new babies really spend most of their time in the most simple and soft ones. I have to kick myself EVERY time because I buy tons of cute things that they never wear (including shoes). You are going to be a great mom! Enjoy! I will be looking on here to see pics of the new baby!!!
It's so fun to see pictures of all of your stuff organized. That was my favorite part. You're going to love it. I think it's good for you and Paul to have a moment before mom comes. That was the best time for us together. I'll never forget that. You will be a great mom. You were practically Gavin's, you know you'll be fine.
When Gavin couldn't sleep at home the first few nights, I heard someone say (I didn't try because they told me afterwards) to have them sleep in their carseat because it's more snuggly than laying in a flat bed where they are all open and flailing. Try that and tell me how it works. :)
Can't wait!
are you kidding!! my belly was hanging out long before this point!! you look awesome!! i can't wait to see pictures of him!!
Ann, Congrats on your pregnancy. This is Michelle!! We just had our baby two weeks ago, and it is so awesome to have them here. Can't wait to see pictures.
Ok, 1st of all, we totally should have called you guys when we were down, I feel so bad! The thing is, it would have been a 2 hour drive for you since you are in San Diego, but we should have called you either way. I was not the same without you two! 2nd- YOU are adorable pregnant and I love your Nursery and bedding. and "Cohen" is such a cute name. When is your exact due date? I am so exicted for you guys!
I can't wait to see pictures of this little guy! Good luck with everything on Wednesday! being induced is the BEST!!!
Post a Comment