Paul and I were able to take a week to go to the east coast with his whole family and visit his brother Chip in Virginia and took a little jaunt up to DC to see the sites as well. It was so much fun and we were able to watch fireworks from the National Mall sitting right underneath the Washington Monument. I have a bazillion pictures so here are some of them in order of days.
1st Day
We stayed the night with Chip and Stephanie in Charlottesville, VA and then visited Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home, the next day
We stayed the night with Chip and Stephanie in Charlottesville, VA and then visited Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home, the next day
2nd Day
We went to Colonial Williamsburg, which basically is a whole town that has been preserved and still looks like it did back in the 16-1700's. Kinda cool, a little boring, but I guess we needed to check it out.
On the 4th we scouted out a seat under the Washington Monument on the Mall to watch the fireworks. We were there for about 5 hours waiting for the show to start so we got a little tired :)

4th Day
We went out to Mt Vernon to see George Washington's digs along the Potomac. I could not believe how green and beautiful the east coast was. All the freeways are like tunnels between 30 ft trees. Being from Mesa and living in Palm Desert I have a lack of vegetation and couldnt get over the fact that there are some places in the world where green stuff actually grows! After Mt Vernon we visited the DC temple and went to dinner with the fam.
5th Day
6 Flags, and this was the only picture that we took that day, haha. Nap much Anne? I love that even though he is 5 1/2 mo old he will still cuddle and take naps with me.

6th Day
Our whole time in DC we kept seeing these double-decker site seeing buses so we decided to take one of those around to see all the sites in one day. We hit the Museum of Natural History, Lincoln Memorial, White House, Korean War memorial, Union Station, National Cathedral (Paul's fav), and tons more of which I did not take pictures.
The National Cathedral was ridiculously large. Play wheres Waldo with Paul here and you'll get an idea of the scale. You can lay down the 555 ft Washington Monument inside the nave of the cathedral.
That morning I was watching the news and saw that a famous restaurant was celebrating its 75th anniversary so they were going back to 1934 prices. Come to find out this place was where JFK proposed to Jackie O, and where other presidents would go for brunch and dinner. It was absolutley AAAAmazing. We all got filet mignon for $1.75, crabcakes for .75, chicken a la king, calamari and all sorts of goodies. We were feeding 9 people...so the check comes and we got $344 worth of food for $18!! I'd say Charlie was loving me because he had been picking up the check for most of his kids everywhere else.




4 comments:
glad ya'll had fun! and thank heavens for the great weather! it did make it so much better for us! I was sad we missed out on that dinner - sounded SO yummy! Also, i am going to get the blankets today since you inspired me with Cohen's! The airplane ride back doesn't sound so enjoyable - but he really was a great awesome little traveler. Glad we got to finally meet cute Cohen in person! Now, where are we going to have to move to so we can have you visit us next? (hopefully NOT back to NY!)
awesome!! oh the joy of one content baby!! i've never been to the east coast, but i've heard it was super green and lush. reading your post makes me want to go even more!!
What a fun trip! Makes me excited to go back East in September!
I love all the pictures of you snuggling together!!
great trip!!
Its crazy to remember back when all of that was in my backyard growing up.
Post a Comment