Ladies, you know how when you spend way too much time away from your girlfriends, you start to try to make your husband a substitute? Just so you can have someone to shop with, chat, relate and just vent? Well I do, and let me tell you, Paul was born a boy for a reason because he is a terrible girl! I'm about ready to move to Arizona and tell Paul to look me up when he decides to move there too. I can just come visit him every weekend. Ok, not the best of plans for our marriage... I also told my sister that I would be making daily driving trips to Mesa so we could hang out. Its only 4 hours and a tank of gas away. I can totally afford that! * note the heavy sarcasm Oh how I have missed all of my best girlfriends from home over the last 8 years, yes 8 years...what? I should be making new friends you say?
Well I'm trying to do just that because I realize that Arizona isn't getting any closer and I'm pretty sure Palm Desert is not on the destination list of any of my girls or sisters for that matter. So what can any Mormon girl do to find friends? Go to the ward baby shower! I knew that there were some gems in my ward but I did not realize how many amazing, funny, nice, talented women were right in front of me. Now, for some random and strange reason I can be a bit of a shy person at church, just the basic pleasantries, smiles and nods but I am MUCH better in an "outside the church" environment so these activities are right up my alley. I've been in my ward for almost a year and a half and knew like 4 women, one being my sister in law, so I was excited to get invited to a big estrogen bash! I totally needed it. My girl time quota has been filled... at least for a week or so :)
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Much needed girl time
Posted by Paul*Anne*Cohen*Addison at 9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment