Friday, November 7, 2008

baby room, belly and blooms

I finally was able to convince Paul that I "needed" :) to buy Cohen's baby furniture 3 months in advance... So 3 weeks ago I got all of my coupons together and purchased the crib and dresser/changer for his room. I'm loving them! My handy husband put both together this last weekend when we were in Carlsbad, and it only took about 45 minutes. I especially love the color as I decided something darker would show all the bite marks I'm told Cohen will inevitably inflict upon the expensive furniture! If' you're thinking things look a little monochromatic, well they are. :) Sadly I'm not allowed to paint the room because we're in an apartment but hopefully we will be able to buy a place of our own soon and then I'll get to paint as much as I want. I'm sure the bedding and window treatments we'll get will help spruce things up a bit too. 




I've also been getting lots of requests for preggo belly pics so here you go. Me in all my ever fattening glory. I'm not like the celebrities, who by the way I think totally lie, when they say "oh I just feel so womanly and beautiful when I'm pregnant." WHAT?! You've got to be joking, right? Seeing my not so hard earned skinnier self get bigger and bigger, and not just in the belly folks, isn't all that "beautiful" to me. I do however really love all of the babies movements and kicking that I'm able to feel. I feel like I'm already connecting with him and know his routines for sleeping and apparently soccer practice. :) Can't wait to meet our Cohen!


I threw this in here so you could be jealous that my husband is such a sweet heart! He had to be out of town for 2 days to attend classes in Irvine so when he come home he brought me this beautiful orchid and a software program for me to organize all of my pictures on our computer. I am so prepared for the new camera I will get for Christmas and the pictures of my adorable child to ensue.

9 comments:

Andy & Jen said...

Oh Annie, you look gorgeous as ever! I hope I look as cute as you when I'm prego, probably not in the cars though!

Steph said...

thank you for finally updating and posting your belly pic -- which by the way you do not even look huge at all - you look great, and still very small....i would say that you wouldn't get any bigger and stuff, but that probably would be a lie - but i think you look just great, and what a sweet hubby of paul to do those things for you! I am with you on wanting to paint, but as renters can't - oh well!! can't wait to see the little guy! hope you are feeling good!

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

You look so cute, I don't know what you are talking about!! I love the furniture too!!

Mike & Cody said...

Anne, you are so cute. When I was pregnant my dad would say that I glowed!! I reminded him that it was not glowing, but sweat dripping down my face from being so huge. The furniture is great. Miss you and can't wait for baby.

Livin' Wright said...

Its about time Annie! You look BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the Baby's Room and More importantly Love the name Cohen!

C & E said...

Such a fun post! Your bedroom stuff looks way nice. I got all mine really early too. You look awesome but I agree with you on not loving the getting bigger and bigger.

Leanne said...

You are adorable. We miss you guys! I can't believe you will be parents soon!

Saragers said...

of course you look super cute!! i would expect nothing less from you annabanana!! i'm excited to see you!!!

Unknown said...

You're looking great! Email me and I'll send you my address for your baby shower. Will you be having it during Christmas time? I think that's when we'll be having one for Brooke. She's due in February as well and will be visiting from Texas.
briana.richardson@gmail.com