This is mostly for my own information so I can remember what happened on this big day, but I always like hearing other friends stories too so here ya go!
So I was scheduled to be induced on Wednesday the 25th at 6am, we showed up at the hospital, got checked in and into a room by about 6:30a. I was a little nervous about this delivery because I was not loving my Dr., to say the least, and I hadn't heard great things about the hospital I was delivering at, so I was preparing myself for what was to come. When I first got to the hospital I was about 70% effaced and only at a 1 so I had a ways to go with the induction. Around 9:15a they finally gave me the pitocin and by noon I was dilated to a 2, meaning things were going a bit slow. My nurse knew all about my doctor and agreed with me that she would rather not have her in the room either! haha So she said she would get me as far as she could before she called the doctor. My doc is in her late 50's-60's, Hungarian, never been married and just has "doggies" as the nurse said.
Anyway, the doctor said I couldn't have my epidural until I was at a 4-5 so I was having to wait and at this point the contractions were getting to the place where you've been having them for so long and they're starting to really hurt that you almost want to cry but not quite yet. They gave me some other pain med in my IV that made things a little bit better but totally loopy and sleepy, so I ended up taking a little nap for a while. So 3:10p rolls around and I'm only at a 3 so the Doc comes in and breaks my water. Paul was actually out getting lunch at this point, I wasn't able to eat anything all day and had been chewing on ice chips. He thought this was pretty funny because he's had surgery 3 times since we've been married and I've always been eating while he had to starve.
After she broke my water I progressed really quickly and was at a 4 pretty fast, so my nurse called in the anesthesiologist and by the time he got there the contractions were really bad and I was dilating fast. Right before this, she told us that the baby looked like she was stressing during the contractions and may have the cord wrapped around her. So the doctor gets the epidural going, they check me and I'm at like a 9 and still feeling the contractions. So at this point I'm getting really really nervous that I'm going to be able to feel the whole thing. The nurse said I was lucky to even be able to get the meds. So the doctor comes in and wants me to start pushing and I'm kinda freaking out in my head that I can still feel the contraction pains and have to push but I start in on it. I only had to push for about 15 minutes and Addison comes about half way out, isn't crying and the Dr. looks worried, says she had the cord wrapped around her. Paul is next to me with a horrified look on his face saying "Breathe! Breathe!" I look up and him and he changes his totally scared face to this huge smile so I wont be worried. The Dr. is saying "DONT PUSH DONT PUSH" She pretty quickly gets the cord cut and off her and she started crying and was totally fine. I little scary for a couple seconds though. She was 8lbs. 13oz. and 20 inches. Which is 2 oz more than Cohen was but 1 in shorter.
When she was all cleaned up and we got to look at her, I just thought that she didn't look like Cohen but cant really tell which one of us she resembles yet.
She is absolutely gorgeous and a really great eater. She loves to sleep and likes it best to have someone laying with her and snuggling. I love my snugly babies!!
We finally decided on a name after seeing her...Addison Seoul Brown. Her middle name is like the capitol of Korea since that is where Paul served his mission and told me when we first were married that he'd like his daughter to have that middle name. I thought that was really sweet. We love little Addie and Cohen does too. He's really good about being soft with her and will point out her "eyes, ears, mouth and hair" He pretty much doesn't notice her a whole lot unless she squeaks or I'm holding her and he runs over and says "Addie" or "baby"
We couldn't be happier with our amazing little family. We have HUGE changes coming in our lives. Packing and moving while having a baby was a bit of a struggle. As I type, Paul is driving into Provo, UT for us to spend at least he next 4 months of our lives. Hopefully he will get into the MBA program there but it is an open road ahead and we don't quite know where we'll be in the year ahead. I'm so excited to start this adventure with my amazing husband and so blessed to have 2 healthy, happy kids!




13 comments:
Congratulations again, and thanks for posting the story! Paul & Curt are unloading the moving van while I type this. We're excited to have you back, and can't wait to meet both Cohen & little Addie!
WOW!!! Love the name Addison. What a doll. Congratulations!
i am so glad everything worked out in the end!!! she is darling and i cant wait to meet and hold her in a month1!! good luck getting things all settled in in utah!!! if u guys need any help i have 3 brothers and my dad available!
The cord can be a scary thing. It was wrapped twice around both my kids' necks. Their heads were purple. Thank goodness for doctors and breathing specialists! :)
Congrats again!
Congratulations you guys! I'm so happy for you! :)
So beautiful! Congratulations!
she is beautiful! congrats anne!!
She is beautiful and I love her name! I'm so glad you guys will be close again, we've missed you!
Glad she is here safe and sound. She sure is a little doll.
wow! great to hear the whole story. she is beautiful. congrats. good luck with everything. keep in touch!
oh I love baby stories! So exciting, she is so beautiful, congrats to your family!
Anne she is so dang cute!!
Congrats Annabanana! What a cutie! So happy for you and your family of FOUR. xoxo
Post a Comment