Monday, January 11, 2010
Mommy advice needed...
So my almost one year old needs your help... not that he is lacking in size but I am worried about what he eats everyday. Well more of the VARIETY that is lacking in what he eats. Mostly it is still jarred baby food, bananas and lots of string cheese but I was hoping that all of you moms out there could give me some advice on what your one year old eats? Just give me a list, finger foods especially as he is getting independent but cannot yet wield a spoon with much success, of what you found that was healthy, satisfying, tasty to your kids. Help this clueless mom!
Posted by Paul*Anne*Cohen*Addison at 11:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Whenever you make chicken or meat just shred it up for him and let him go to town. I did cheerios a lot too. I remember that being a tough age for food as well. Luckily kids don't get upset when there isn't variety so us Moms get a break on that one. :) Oh, pasta is another good one, with or without sauce on it.
Oh Annie, I miss you! Ok, so here's what I do... For breakfast I feed them: soggy cereal, soggy waffles with peanut butter and a little syrup (by soggy I mean just set out long enough to get soft), scrambled eggs & softened buttered toast, oatmeal, fruits. Lunch: hot dogs cut up small, PB & jelly sandwiches, mac n cheese, tuna sandwiches, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches (all sandwiches ripped up into small pieces), soup with crackers smashed up in it (ramen noodles are good too all cut up and drain most the juice). I LOVE the little meals that Graduates makes in the baby food aisle, those are perfect. They have a protein, carb and veggie in them and their all ready to go! Perfect! Dinners: feed him what ever you make just cut up small. If its something hard like tacos, then just give him all the insides, meat, cheese and some rice. Hopefully that helps. Dont feel like you have to make him completely different things than you are eating, you'll go crazy. You have to feed him a variety of foods or you will have one picky eater:)Seriously, if you ever need any advice, call me! Love ya girl!
Looks like you already have quite a list to choose from, but I'll add a few. At that age Tucker loved quartered grapes, any dry cereal, bread, nutrigrain bars (cut up of course), and other things already mentioned (mac & cheese, hot dogs, noodles, etc.). Good luck! It was always so hard for me to come up with ideas of food for him too!
Anne feed that boy anything and everything, he'll love it! Kate doesn't use a fork or spoon yet either, she just eats off her tray. It is messy but they love to feed themselves. Don't give him too much peanut butter at one time so he doesn't choke and I think until they are 2 you should stay away from honey (either 1 or 2 but I think age 2).He should be good eating most everything you and Paul eat for lunch and dinner. Kate and Davis both eat oatmeal in the morning because it is easy for me to make and fills them up!!
Post a Comment