Thursday, September 11, 2008

California sun and fun

I'm trying to get better at the posting thing so I thought I would update you all on what Paul and I have been doing since we moved to Carlsbad. Within our week we went to Disneyland, of course:), the beach, AZ and have already had 4 sets of visitors with many more planning to come. Paul loves his job and usually takes the "Coaster" which is a train, to downtown San Diego for work everyday while I stay at home with the puppers working. We really love the area here in Carlsbad and feel lucky to get to live in such a beautiful and fun place. I am getting bigger every day and am starting to think there are two little ones in my belly instead of just one! I'm sure there's not, but the doctor put that into my head at my 16 week appointment when he said I was measuring 19 weeks, which could mean twins but "he didn't really think so" Oh thank you Dr.! So either you just told me that you're not really sure but I might be having twins or you called me fat. (Either one can make you think twice about the Dr you're seeing.) haha 
We're just hanging out and getting used to our new lives sans school and Provo. We're excited to live closer to home now and hope to visit a lot! 

Disneyland 
my sister in law Jenn says Disneyland and BYU have the best landscaping around

Paul being Capt Jack Sparrow. Isn't he hot?!

nighttime beach adventure

This is Paul's buddy Steve. He came out to visit when he interviewed for a job at Paul's company. They were really, really excited to be at the beach :)

Baby bump at 18 weeks. 
I CANNOT for the life of me keep my hair straight for more than an hour here. 

19 weeks

Brian Miner and his new wife Emily, who are on their honeymoon in this picture, had dinner with us while they were in town at Fuddruckers.

More Fuddruckers. It seems I was a little surprised when Paul took this haha

10 comments:

Mike & Cody said...

I want to come visit. Your tummy is not near big enough for twims. Let me tell you just how big a body can stretch. I looked like that when I was 9 weeks pregnant with my twins. We must blame it on the fact that I had just delivered a baby 6 months prior to that!!! You are darling!!

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

I am so jealous you are only 2 miles from the beach! I will definitely have to come visit you!! P.s. you look so cute preggers!

Marquee said...

Anne! We miss you! you're "baby bump" as you call it, is starting to show! I love it! sooo cute. are you just lovin california? you look so cute!

Lisa Marie said...

I love your hair like that! I never want twins, that would be aweful.

Andy & Jen said...

annie, you are so dang cute! i bet you love being pregnant! miss ya!
love, jen

Karissa said...

I had so much fun seeing you while you were down. You are so cute! HATE YOU:)jk. I am definately coming to stay with you. You had me at, we live 2 miles from the beach. Plus the fact that I love you!

ps.. Thanks for being our safe driver through our mission during that horrible monsoon! mmmwwwaaaa:)

Heidi said...

Are you kidding me?? You don't even look prego!! You look great. Do we know gender yet?

Heidi

Teagan said...

oh my gosh...I am so jealous!! How are you doing? You look GREAT! what a cute pregnant lady you are!!:)
What are the two of you guys doing out there besides playing?
I am so jealous!!!

Leanne said...

Yeah! I am glad you guys are alive and loving it down there. Ann, you look so cute. You can totally tell that you have a baby in there. And TELL me about trying to keep your hair straight, it's sooo humid. We miss you guys!

Natalie said...

We miss you guys so much. How sad that we haven't even talked to you! I think we told you before, but we'll be coming for Spring Break in April. How do we sign up to be visitors??
Looks like you guys are having fun. Gavin misses you. You wouldn't even recognize him! Biggest baby ever!