Thursday, November 1, 2007

Once every 7 seconds?! Seriously?


As I was running errands today I was thinking to myself that my pants were feeling a little too tight and that I regretted missing Yoga for the 2nd time this week. If you're anything like me, you're planning meals based on how much protein it has or what percentage of carbs. And if those are "good" carbs for that matter! I have fallen into a bad habit, sad but true.
And I couldn't help but think how often I thought about my weight, my too-tight jeans, or feeling guilty for not getting to the gym. I was reminded of a statistic I've heard over and over. You know the one... that men think about sex every 7 seconds (or some interval equally as ridiculous). Now I know that this number is blown out of proportion, (hopefully, or I'm not sure how men get anything done), but I'm relatively sure that in contrast women think about weight more than their fair share.
And right after noticing this phenomenon a funny exchange of words came into my mind...
"Honey, am I going to get lucky tonight?"
"Honey, do I look fat in this?"
Am I alone in my thoughts or do I have some nutty girls feeling the same way?

3 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Ya, I feel ya. Only I find it is worse after you have a baby because you so want to fit in those skinny jeans again! It feels like an impossible goal. My fat jeans fit great though. Blah.

The*Evans*Family said...

I chuckled out loud about this post. Doesn't every girl feel like that and I'm sure that statistic is relatively accurate.

Adam Buchanan said...

sikter! love the blog...

freedaheel.blogspot is mine and lisas is pineappletidbits.blogspot.

Lisa also started making baby shoes, at babytidbitz.blogspot. fun stuff1

Cheers