Monday, January 10, 2011

December '10-January '11

So ALOT has happened since my last post, but being the slacker I am, I have very few pictures to show for all of it so I'm just going to load it all into one post and call it a day :)
The kids and I headed down to AZ for Chrismas on December 12th and were there for about 10 days without Paul. We got to enjoy the sunshine, green grass and orange trees. One of my favorite times of year there. Paul joined us on the 23rd, just in time for the family festivities where we had a hay ride, dinner, nativity, and all the grandkids got to open their pillow pet present from Mom and Dad.


Seriously, to try and get 20 grandkids under 8 to be reverent for a Nativity is like asking mountains to move! Cohen was more interested in stealing the star from the grandpa than participating, not so angelic :)
Christmas is so much more fun when you have kids and I was really looking forward to having Cohen open presents and "get" how Christmas works this year. We did pretty good, except for him being so interested in his first present he didn't really want to open the rest of them; but he had 2 cute cousins, Cash and Adella, that are around his age, helping him do the job.

Woody was the big present this year. I think we've watched all 3 Toy Story movies about a dozen times...each.

4 of the 5 Brown grandkids (Cash, Adella, Cohen and Addison)
After opening presents with the Browns we headed back to my parents house for our traditional Christmas morning breakfast and finished opening more presents with my siblings. It gets pretty crazy at my house with 16 kids and 21 grandkids all under one roof but it is fun to get together and see everyone. Were so blessed to have so much family around and to get to spend every holiday with all of them.

The rest of the break is a bit of a blur...right before Paul came down to AZ he got a job offer from a buddy of his to work in Florida for a couple of months. And who am I to pass up beaches and warm weather when its in the teens and snowing in Utah?! So we got back to Utah after an eventful, puking, snow storm, middle of the night drive and 3 days later were on a plane to Jacksonville.
Its not as warm here as I dreamed but we've been to the beach almost everyday and get to spend time with Paul so I'm happy for the new adventure. Next month we'll be in Orlando so I'm getting a pass to Disney World and were going to wear that thing out like its going out of style!

 We have a crazy and unpredictable life but as long as I've got my husband and wonderful kids I'm good. :)

6 comments:

OurHappyFamily said...

What a fun adventure! And... what a beautiful picture of you... LOVE it! You have a darling family Anne!

lauren and ryan said...

it was great to see you guys, thanks for making time for us! hope its not as long as last time before we see eachother again!

Steph said...

love it!!! super adventure you guys r on!!!

Leanne said...

A. You look gorgeous in that last picture.

B. I am so jealous that you are in Florida. Wish you were here so we could hang out....but glad you guys are having a blast!

Natalie said...

Holy adventures. Keep filling us in!

katie said...

The whole time I was reading this post J. was saying "pretty" over and over again... watch out Addison. We had such a nice time visiting with you guys and wish we could have had a repeat or three or more! :) I hope you're enjoying Florida. When things settle down for you four again you should come visit us.